- 24 April 2013
Places to Visit
There are lots of beautiful places to see and experience in Korea. If you’re feeling like a day off the slopes, take yourself off to some of the wonderful sights in and around the regions. Oh, and if you’re feeling up to it, remember to look out for traditional Korean bathhouses and go soak.
Nothing feels better than a soak and a sauna after a hard day on the park!
The following are some of the wonderful attractions Korea has to offer as you go around looking for your favourite snow resort. The tourist destinations are listed by area.
- Spend time at a traditional Hanok Village house in the Bukchon area. Surrounded by Gyeongbokgung Palace, Changdeokgung Palace and Jongmyo Shrine, Bukchon Hanok Village is home to hundreds of traditional houses called 'hanok' that date back to the Joseon Dynasty. The name 'Bukchon,' which literally translates to 'northern village,' came about as the neighborhoods that the village covers are to the north of two significant Seoul landmarks, Cheonggyecheon Stream and Jongno. Today, many of these hanoks operate as cultural centres, guesthouses, restaurants and teahouses, providing an opportunity to experience, learn and immerse in Korean traditional culture.Hanok Village - Snow
- A day trip to the DMZ (Demilitarised Zone) to see one of the world’s most fortified borders: South and North Korea are technically still at war. An experience that should not be missed about an hour north of Seoul.
- Spend the day in the Insa-dong area, exploring the nearby palaces and the arts district. Insa-dong Street is one of the most memorable attractions in Seoul and represents the focal point of Korean traditional culture and crafts. Here is where you must try one of the sweet fried donuts!
- A day shopping trip to the Myeondong district and the nearby Namdaemun Market. Shop till you drop!!
- Take the cable car to Seoul Tower in Namsan and watch the sun set over the mega city. There are two restaurants and a café in the tower itself as well as convenience and souvenir stores.IMG_4688
- Spend the day touring Apgujeong and take in the sites of Gangnam, spotting KPop stars on Rodeo Street amongst the designers’ stores. A hint: explore the back streets for up and coming designers and funky cool bars and cafes.
- Gangnam is also known for advanced industries, venture capitals, global business centers, expensive apartment complexes, and high-end villas: this is where the “new money