Please note Korea Snow Corporation Limited reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement from time to time without prior notice. You are advised to check for the latest version on a regular basis.
1.1 Our Pledge
Korea Snow Corporation Limited (the Company) manages the website www.korea-snow.com. It is committed to safeguarding the privacy of individuals with respect to personal data. The Company understands and appreciates you may be concerned about your privacy and about the confidentiality and security of information we may collect about visitors to our website.
We ensure our policies and practices in relation to the collection, use, retention, transfer and access of personal data comply with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486) under the laws of Hong Kong (the Ordinance).
1.3 Collection of Personal Data
The types of personal information we collect about you will depend on what services you use or products you acquire. This may include collecting your name and address, your email address, your contact address, credit card details, payment and transaction details / history (collectively Personal Data) and, where you have the option to comment on our services or products, whatever other information you choose to supply to allow us to provide products and services to you. This may include using our website www.korea-snow.com, submitting survey forms, entry forms (competitions or events) or communicating with our staff. Refusal to provide such information may deny you access to certain parts of our website, or may result in the Company being able to process a request you are making, or otherwise defeat the objective of your visit.
By submitting your Personal Data to any part of the website you certify that all information provided to the Company through any form or through the use of the website is true and correct. You agree that the Personal Data given to and collected by the Company from time to time may be used in accordance with this Privacy Statement. If you are under the age of 18, consent from your parent or guardian is required before you give us Personal Data.
1.4 Use of Personal Data Collected
Specific purposes for which your Personal Data may be used are set out in our Personal Information Collection Statement in Part 2 below.
1.5 Storage of Your Personal Data
In your dealings with us and for auditing purposes, any personal information that we collect about our website users and customers will be kept and retained by us for a reasonable period. Such information will be erased from our system in accordance with our internal policy.
1.6 Access to and Correction of Personal Data
Under the Ordinance you have the right to:
- check whether we hold any of your Personal Data;
- access your Personal Data held by us;
- require us to correct any Personal Data which is inaccurate;
- ascertain our policies and practices established (from time to time) in relation to Personal Data and the types of Personal Data held by us.
If you want to access and/or correct the Personal Data that you have provided to us, or if you want ascertain our polices and practices in relation to Personal Data and the kind of your Personal Data held by us, please contact our Customer Services Manager at email@example.com.
We will respond within 40 days after receiving your request. We may charge you a reasonable fee for each Personal Data access. However, such a fee will be waived if the data access is made for the purpose of correcting your Personal Data.
All Personal Data you provide is secured on our website with restricted access by authorised personnel only. Our online registration process uses the SSL protocol link for data transmission so as to protect your data via encrypting it in a secure format to ensure its privacy is maintained. The internet is not a secure environment. If you use the internet to send us personal information, the Company will not be liable for events arising from unauthorised access to your information.
From time to time, the Company will conduct competitions on its website or through other social media platforms. When these competitions are run, you may also be given the choice of being on a mailing list to receive further contact from us. The Company may use the information we collect from your entry in the competition for other purposes other than the competition.
1.9 Links to Other Websites
2. Personal Information Collection Statement
As a visitor / user and customer of our website it may be necessary for your to provide us with Personal Data when you apply to us and/or continue a service subscription with us. If your Personal Data is incomplete or incorrect, we may not be able to provide or continue to provide services to you.
We will keep your Personal Data confidential at all times. Our policies and practices with respect to the collection, use, retention, disclosure, transfer, security and access of Personal Data will be in accordance with the Ordinance and this Privacy Statement.
We may use and retain the Personal Data you provide to us for the following purposes and for other purposes as may be agreed between you and us or required by law from time to time:
- Providing services, including but not limited to information and services regarding travel and accommodation, transportation, sports, snowboarding, skiing, ski resorts, restaurants and catering, insurance, banking, credit card, sports fashion and apparel, sports equipment, media, recruitment, electrical and electronic products, telecommunications, mobile phone services, information technology, real estate agency, concierge services, social network services, environmental and charity (the Services);
- providing you with the Services;
- subject to your consent, we may use your Personal Data (including your name, company name, telephone number, fax number, postal address and email address) for marketing, promotional and customer relationship management purposes relating to the Services. We may dispatch to you the promotional or marketing information via telephone calls, SMS messages, email, direct mailings and social media;
- processing any benefits arising out of or in connection with the Services;
- analysing, verifying and/or checking of your credit, payment and/or status in relation to the provision of the Services;
- processing any payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities requested by you;
- enabling the daily operation of your account and/or the collection of amounts outstanding in your account in relation to the Services;
- the normal management, operation and maintenance of the Services;
- designing new or improving existing services provided by us, or website, our vendors or our service partners to you;
- investigation of complaints, suspected suspicious transactions and research for service improvement;
- enabling us to comply with our obligations to interconnect or other industry practices;
- prevention or detection of crime; or
- as required by law.
We may disclose and transfer (whether in Hong Kong or overseas) your Personal Data to the following parties to use, disclose, process or retain your Personal Data for the purposes mentioned above:
- our agents, contractors and other service providers for the provision of products and/or services that you ordered and/or subscribed to;
- banks, financial institutions and credit providers;
- debt collection agencies, credit reference agencies and security agencies;
- regulatory bodies, law enforcement agencies and courts of law;
- our professional advisers and any other persons under a duty of confidentiality to us; and
- any of our actual or proposed assignees or transferees of our rights with respect to you.
If you do not wish to receive direct marketing promotional information from us with respect to the Services and as noted above, or do not wish us to disclose, transfer or use your Personal Data for the aforesaid direct marketing purposes, you may unsubscribe by emailing our Customer Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1 November 2014